Another interesting image tool

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Oct 20 19:54:06 CEST 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Tom M wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:39:52 -1000
> From: Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com>
> To: "Krayon (KImageShop)" <kimageshop at kde.org>
> Subject: Another interesting image tool
>
> Apple just entered the image manipulation tools space
>
> http://www.apple.com/aperture/

Very clever.  Apple are not so stupid as to compete head on with Adobe
Photoshop in terms of image manipulation and have instead fit themselves
neatly into the digital camera workflow.

Boudewijn pointed out another application a while back (whose name escapes
me) which also targets the digital camera workflow and is supposed to be
beloved by photo professionals.  (I think he mentioned it with reference
to it having a histogram palette.)  At the time I was very impressed by
the business strategy which gave them the space to produce good
software and find a market.

--
Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/