Krita slowness

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 11 21:40:36 CEST 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Michael Thaler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that Krita is very slow when you draw a big ellipse, rectangle or a
> star.A 600x600 pixel star (not filled, 1x1 point brush) needs something like
> 2 seconds to be drawn on my computer. And my computer is pretty fast, 2.6 GHz
> P4 with 512 MB RAM. I don't notice the same slowness when I am drawing
> freehand-lines. Has somebody an idea why drawing ellipses, rectangles or
> stars is so slow?

I can't say I have really noticed: but then, I mostly happen to test shapes
with the star tool -- it something I should investigate when

a) Kubuntu allows me to install callgrind again (or perhaps I should go
   back to SuSE!)
b) I'm not feeling like my brains are made of fish that's been boiled for
   two hours.

Boudewijn