Data access in scripting

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Nov 17 18:19:52 CET 2005

Hello,

I have allready started to speak about it on irc. So the question is how do we
give access to value of a pixel in the scripts ?

So what do we want :
- easy to use
- ensure that scripts are as much as possible colorspace independant

I see two possible solutions to achieve that :
- a Pixel class with two functions : get(channelnb) set(channelnb)
- a Pixel class with functions with the name of the channel (problem, if I
write a script for rgb, it won't work in cmyk, except if we use an equivalent
of QColor)

Well we can also have the two ways of data access in one single class.

But in both case, we have the problem of colorspace independance to solve
(there was a suggestion of using XYZ or LAB sometimes ago, but it was
dropped).

Maybe someone as something else in mind ?

Btw, I would like some potential users to answer, if there are some on the
mailing list, please tell your opinion.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---