Layer usuability idea

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Nov 10 21:29:20 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 21:25, Casper Boemann wrote:
> On Thursday 10 November 2005 08:48, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 November 2005 23:06, Mr YouP wrote:
> > > :-).oh, I think I couldn't wait, I'll try to find a moment to compile
> > > : cvs
> > >
> > > (svn?) tree before (because all I read on the ML this last times make
> > > me very impatient and klik has something against me)
> > >
> > > Many thanks Casper :)
> >
> > I do hope you manage to test this feature for us; it needs some input
> > yet. For instance, would it be better to have the active layer
> > temporarily on top if the visualisation is activated? Optionally? There's
> > plenty of room for fine-tuning after this feature gets fixed...
>
> yeah - i don't do any further work on it before i get some more feedback

The most import question is -- after obvious stuff like choice of colors and
enable/disable -- whether the active layer should be painted on top of all
layers when this feature is on. Currently, it's not possible to form a mental
map of what's happening.

If we want people to play with it, it may be best to add the option and
commit, otherwise not many people will see it.