toolbox ui suggestion

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Mon Nov 7 20:18:26 CET 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 19:57, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I agree with the change of icon; but I don't think the redesign of the
> toolbox will be feasible in the long run. The number of potential paintops
> is too big to be constrained to a toolbox.
Well how many paintops do you envision. More than 8?
I count chalk, eraser, brush, pencil, airbrush, stamp and filter

eg I don't think there should be both "painterly brush" and "brush"

What else?

> The current combobox isn't what
> I want either, but it's at least potentially infinite. For 2.0, I'd want
> something more fun, like a strip along the bottom of the view with
> semi-realisticimages, like brush shapes, chalk shapes, pencil shapes with a
> mechanism to select the kind of paintop.
I was trying to keep the ui elements closer together for easier selection.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann