Templates + todo

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed May 18 14:22:56 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 14:06, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> Great, works perfectly.

It was a nice way of getting back into coding. I see that the todo has
been cleared up considerably, too. I believe Adrian is still working on a fix
for the undo/redo crash, right? And Casper is back onto the transform tool,
which is a good thing too.

I should go through the remaining points of the todo to check for validity --
and then pick something for myself.

Everything seems important, of course, but I guess I should prioritize the
painting problems.

* The shapes tools should offer a filled shape option
   -> Is someone working on this already? I think I read something
   by Bart on this topic?

* The convolution paintop doesn't do anything at all.
* Add easy convolution painter tool: smear, blur and sharpen.
   -> These are related, and can be solved by paint-by-filter. I'll start
   working on this, after I have added a titlebar and shade button to the
   paintbox docker.

* Long painter operations (e.g., convolution painter) should use the
  progressbar and be cancelable.
    -> This is not fixable for now. Let's just move that to the after 1.4
       TODO.

* The selection problems should be checked for validity and fixed -- I'm
  not sure about the status of those.

* The printing problems can be postponed; we should use one of the available
libraries for high-quality image printing anyway -- but it's one of those
problems that can only really be solved by someone with the necessary
knowledge and the need for it. I don't even have the simplest of colour
printers myself...

And then there are bugs when trying to integrate a Krita image in another
KOffice application document, like with scaling. And why do we have three
Krita file formats in the dialogs?