No PNG support in Krita?

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Mon May 2 14:50:49 CEST 2005

Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Am Montag, 2. Mai 2005 14:06 schrieb Bart Coppens:
>
>>On Monday 02 May 2005 13:50, Ilia Bazliancov wrote:
>>
>>>I got Krita from KOffice 1.4-beta 1 and I can`t find option to export
>>>in PNG. Am I wrong or Krita can`t export in PNG?
>>
>>Have you tried exporting the image with "Export Image..." from the Image
>>menu instead of the file menu? That should work.
>
> That's a mimetype problem. PNG is the first unkown entry in the filetype list
> (The second one is Photoshop).
> Workaround is name the file <something>.png and use the unknown entry as
> filter.

Actually, this one can be fixed because it's a problem with a .desktop
file. If you look for krita_magick_import.desktop and
krita_magick_export.desktop in your <kde>/share/services folder, edit
these and remove the quotation marks (") from the lines
X-KDE-Import="..." and X-KDE-Export="...", save them, exit kde, restart,
and the unknown items should change to the missing file types. You
should then be able to select PNG directly.

Adrian