Const iterators

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 29 09:44:29 CEST 2005

On Monday 28 March 2005 23:54, Adrian Page wrote:
> Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Hm... I don't think that that's ideal -- it would be a source of nasty
> > bugs, I guess. I rather like the simplicity of our current iterator api
> > -- it's amazing how much you can do with it.
>
> Well, I would have argued that extent() not returning what you'd expect
> it to would be a source of bugs and much head-scratching, but I notice
> that you've added some documentation that says exactly what it does do,
> so that's probably good enough.

Well, for most practical purposes extent() was (and sometimes is) indeed the
source of bugs, no beef with that :-). The nasty thing is, we tried to hide
really hard the implementation artefacts of the backend from the rest of
Krita, but extent() and exactBounds() is exactly what we'd have preferred to
avoid.

> Yes, I was only using QColor as that is what is used at the moment until
> KisColor or such appears.

After the release, probably. I'm not going to promise anyone binary
compatibility for the plugins they develop against Krita 1.0...