Archaeology...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 25 08:28:34 CET 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 23:10, Adrian Page wrote:

> I think you can throw them out. These used to be used with the Paint
> Offset 'feature', but since that was removed, there's no need for us to
> override the KoView implementations, which return 0 by default. The
> KoView header describes what they're intended for.

Okay -- these methods are used a lot in KisView, so I'll clean that up while
I'm extracting the dockers and their tabs to a separate manager that allows
dynamic addtion of tabs.

> What are the problems with zoomed painting/filtering etc you mention?
> They seem to work alright at first glance.

Funny... I noticed yesterday when trying to run Krita with valgrind to gather
some performance data, but when I run it without, I cannot reproduce the
artefacts.

> I have noticed that painting while zoomed in is slow. Also, scrolling
> the screen is a lot slower and jerkier than it used to be. We also seem
> to be leaking huge amounts of memory while painting, which might be part
> of the problem. I'll have a look into what's going on there.

Great!