Tools

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Sun Mar 13 17:38:36 CET 2005

Hello,

I thought about working on the tools and to this end I tried to create a new
tool to try out some things. I still have some code to create stars and I
tried to create a star tool. I copied kis_tool_ellipse.h and
kis_tool_ellipse.cc to kis_tool_star.h and kis_tool_star.cc, set the name to

m_action = new KRadioAction(i18n("Tool &Star"),
         "star",
         shortcut,
         this,
         SLOT(activate()),
         collection,
         name());

and also added them to the Makefile.am. I changed all the classnames and also
added

r -> add(new KisToolStarFactory( actionCollection() ));

to default_tools.cc. I also copied a file star.png to the directory pics.

If I add a debug statement to KisToolStar::setup to shows that the setup code
is actually called when Krita is started. However no icon shows up to
actually use the tool. What else do I have to do to make the tool show up in
the toolbar?

Greetings,
Michael