koffice/krita

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Tue Jul 26 00:22:38 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 00:02, Adrian Page wrote:
> Right, I see what you were intending now.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong there?

> I agree it's not very elegant, and I was reluctant to add the parameter,
> but it does have the advantage of simplicity. I didn't come up with a
> better solution at the time. Exposure is not a property of the data
> itself, it's a way of obtaining a particular interpretation of the data,
> much like the rendering intent, and the output profile too, I guess.
It's indeed more related to displaying the data, that's why I called it
RenderInfo. And in a way, profile and rendering intent fall in the same
category.

> It does sound more complicated, particularly as at the moment it would
> offer more flexibility than is actually needed - unless you have other
> colourspaces and paramaters in mind?
Not really, but I might imagine someone wanting to select different transfer
functions for large colorspaces. Though I don't know if that would be really
needed or useful...

> I don't know, maybe you just
> package the profile, rendering intent, exposure and anything else that's
> needed into a single object and colourspaces pick and choose which
> parameters they care about and interpret those...? Not particularly
> elegant either...
No that's not elegant indeed. We should have some kind of simple interface for
all of this, and these solutions don't seem to be the right ones :-(