filter preview dialog

Cyrille Berger cyrille.berger at lepi.org
Tue Jul 19 08:55:31 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 08:31, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Which Gimp filter is this, by the way? It seems to me I don't know my way
> around the Gimp as well as I did only a few years ago.
Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur..., it's the only filter I saw in the gimp that
use the n*m convolution, Photoshop has a lot more of them. but anyway
3600*3600 is unrealistic, it would take a lot of time to compute such a
convolution.
The usual size is 10x10, I sometime use 100x100, but it's for special
occasion.

> Ah, that will probably be a little too much for a simple CDATA section then
> --
Anyway I don't realy like the idea of having binary data stored in a text
file.

> and at those sizes I think there's a benefit to using a tiled
> KisPaintDevice.
Why ?

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---