Performance enhancement

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sat Feb 5 15:38:32 CET 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 15:04, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> But is it slower than the old tiles code? You might be able to test by
> uninstalling KOffice and running the binary I've got at
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/krita-cvs-current.tar.bz2, which is still
> based on the old code.
I can't really conclude anything unfortunately. Some tests are a bit slower,
some a bit faster and some are equally fast.

Now I don't actually think this is because of the code differences, but rather
because my whole KOffice/Krita install is configured with --enable-debug=full
(so that everything has debugging symbols, functions aren't inlined, no -O
flags, etc.), whereas your binary probably has some optimalizations.

Bart Coppens