group layers design

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 15:10:03 CET 2005

On 12/24/05, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 24 December 2005 12:00, Gábor Lehel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I've been thinking about how the group layers should be designed. The
> > question is basically how much of the functionality to put into
> > KisLayer, and how much into KisGroupLayer. At one extreme,
> > QListViewItem has no concept of 'plain items' vs 'group items' --
> > every item can have children, just not all actually do. That doesn't
> > quite work in Krita's case, as a KisPaintLayer with child layers
> > doesn't make much sense.
>
> Are you sure? How about adjustment layers -- they should be children of an
> paint layer, I think.

I always thought adjustment layers acted on the layer right below
them,  but maybe I don't properly understand the concept of adjustment
layers...

Anyways, I don't see any big difference among the choices at this
point in terms of quick & uncomplicated (but perhaps someone else
does?), so it's probably best to go with the cleanest and most future
proof design.