Base class for u16 color models?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 9 17:59:14 CEST 2005

I'm working on a 16/bit integer XYZ colorspace (for the default operations
that are now implemented with conversion to and from qcolor), and I noticed
that the colorspace_rgb_u16 has a number of methods that are likely to be
useful for any 16/bit integer colorspace. Would it be a good idea to make
something like the following hierarchy

KisStrategyColorSpace (which should be renamed to KisAbstractColorspace)

	+- KisRRGColorspace
	+- KisCMYKColorspace
	+- KisGrayColorspace
	+- KisAlphaColorspace
	+
	\- KisU16Colorspace

		+- KisRGBU16Colorspace
		+- KisCMYKU16Colorspace
		+- KisGray16Colorspace
		+

And so on... And of course, the same for the 32bit float & integer colorspace
once Adrian has those done. I like the prolog & epilog composite macros in the
16 bit rgb a lot, by the way :-) -- but maybe we can move the bitBlt
with the switch that actually does calls the composition routines into
KisStrategyColorSpace?

The idea with XYZ is, by the way, to have as accurate a default implemenation
as possible, but one that is slow enough to stimulate us to provide optimized
implementations in the individual colorspaces :-)