Krita source & library layout reorganization

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Thu Aug 4 14:54:34 CEST 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 14:35, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Krita is almost completely GPL, by the way. I did a quick grep and found
> only one LGPL file, colorspace_rgb/composite.h -- and that's mostly unused
> now we've got better implementations of the composite functions. I'm with
> you on the GPL front, but I know (because it came up during the hackathon)
> that Casper isn't that fond of the GPL. Anyway, with John Califf gone awol,
> it's going to be hard to do a relicensing, there are still a number of
> files with his name on them.
I don't like GPL for libraries, but I sure would like krita to stay GPL.

And I also don't want us to go down the library road. Whatever reshuffle we
make, it should only be to improve the linking and general structure of
krita. Not to make a library as such. If in the process it becomes simpler
for Clarence to use it in Kolourpaint, then fine, but that is not a priority
in my mind.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann