Helping out with Krita

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Fri Mar 12 12:36:03 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:21 pm, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I feel rather strongly that tearing
> apart class data and class methods make code uglier.
It sure does.  But I see it as a temporary measure so that I can freely hack
on a particular class without recompiling loads.  As I said, when someone
(and their CPU) has nothing to do, they can move all the d variables into the
class proper.

> The advantages the
> article argues are not about reducing compilation time, though, but data
> sharing.
It does mention "make compilation faster by reducing the number of nested
#include directives".   My argument is more about not changing the size or
layout of the class (I don't want to recompile Krita just because I added a
single variable to a class, which I might even remove later).  d-pointers can
also be used for sharing but that's not my intention (I doubt assigning
KisView's would make sense :)).

Clarence