Selections...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 24 16:44:57 CEST 2004

I think I got struck with a fairly bright idea yesterday. I'm working on
selections, and I first wanted to implement selections as an ordinary chunk
or vector or something of bytes -- but I've switched to using an indexed
QImage for that. Makes showing a preview of the selection in the colorrange
dialog a _lot_ easier, and holds just the same data.

So then I got the next idea, and then the next. A 'brush' to paint a selection
on a layer, with the attendant 'eraser' to make the selection smaller. And
then, of course, a circular, rectangular or polygonal selection can be
translated from a pointarray to a bytemap, and you can use the brush and the
eraser to make the selection more precise. I have a feeling that when this is
done it'll be a great feature -- no other paint app has something exactly
like it.

But, oh!, to get it done. This needs a lot of new code and no small amount of
typing!

But progress is being made...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi