Back

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 26 09:23:53 CEST 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 02:39, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> >Still line-oriented,
> > though, not rect, which I think is a pity.
>
> yes, with casper, we have not been able to agree on what should return
> iterators, I think KisPixelRepresentation is fine, but he disagree. We are
> waiting for more opinions.

Frankly, by this time I'm getting a bit exhausted and don't know anymore which
I would prefer -- there's a lot to be said for the passing a pointer to a
chunk of memory the size of a pixel to the color strategy, where it is
interpreted, but KisPixelRepresentation might be fine, too -- if you have a
clear idea on how to proceed when we get to the complications of colour
models with channels that are not all of an equal size, and the proliferation
of QUANTUM types -- we will at least have Q_UINT8, Q_UINT32, float and double
for QUANTUMs after the first alpha.

Anyway, there are a few other points with the iterators as they stand that, I
think, can be solved right now, even before reaching agreement on what the
iterators should return:

* Iterators should take a paint device, not a tile manager in their
constructor. I want tile manager to be more private to the paint device, with
iterator being a friend or something to the paint device, so it can get at
it. I'd just as soon never have anyone building an image manipulation
algorithm extract the tile manager.

* I'd like to have a richer set of iterators: over rects, over tiles (for
speed), and so on. Lines/pixel are okay.

* We should put all iterators in core/iterators, instead of in core/ Iterators
are, after all, just a way to view the data.

* Oh, and I'd like a hint on what's going wrong in kis_histogram.cc. But that
probably has to do with the return type.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi