A snag...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 7 23:12:07 CET 2004

I've hit a snag in Krita that demands some serious thinking. I noticed that
even if I were not doing anything more demanding than a kdDebug statement, I
wouldn't get all the mouse positions, let alone doing some heavy duty brush
positioning and compositing.

It turns out that Qt kind of collapses mouse move events if the mouse moves
faster than the application can handle, and even kdDebug (or qDebug) is too
demanding.

Dimitri from Trolltech pointed out that this is intentionally done in

qapplication_x11.cpp

in QETWidget::translateMouseEvent(),

near this line:
        while( XPending( appDpy ) )  { // compres mouse moves

The workaround he suggested was to handle the mouse events in an application
event filter; however, that is not an easy solution, exactly. So I'll be
thinking on it...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html