Base krita on ILMs image library OpenEXR?

Patrick Julien freak at codepimps.org
Sat Feb 28 18:17:04 CET 2004

> My frustration with krita was probably that I too fast ended up too deep
> in the code... :-)

Well, the problem with Krita is really it's best feature at the same time.  To
get Krita, you need to know your design patterns like the back of your hand.
This is very good feature if you happen to know them, if you don't the added
complexities from the patterns can seem a tad mysterious.

When I see a comment about the performance of Krita, it really doesn't bother
me, I know for a fact that pretty much every part of Krita (i.e. all the new
stuff) can be individually optimized.

What I wanted in Krita was something that you could be indefinitely expanded
to absorb pretty much anything.  I believe the new code base reflects that.
Some parts of the implementation are not optimal, but they can be
individually reworked by pretty much anyone, even without much knowledge of
Krita has a whole.