Plugins 2

Patrick Julien freak at codepimps.org
Fri Feb 13 12:36:10 CET 2004

On February 12, 2004 08:44 pm, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Is this on the first call of ktm -> tile(...)?  It seems to be since the
> > tile number is 0, but the answer could always suprise me.  Your problem
> > seems to be about overwritten memory, see details below.  You may want to
> > try running the loop first without doing any modifications to the tile.
>
> Ok, I found what was wrong,  KisTileMediatorSingleton
> KisTileMediator::m_instance is a static member of KisTileMediator, and as
> my filter is an external library which is load at run time, the value of
> KisTileMediator::m_instance is 0.
> I tried to compile my filter with -shared -fPIC and link with -shared -Wl,
> and to link the application with -Wl,--export-dynamic -rdynamic. But then
> krita will segfault at the beginning. If someone has an idea ?

Hmm, well this is strange, the plugin is still loaded in the same address
space than the rest of krita, it should still see the same static data.

There would be ways around this, but instead of us kludging it up, you should
try getting something out of a KParts guy... kde-devel here would be the
place to ask.