Fill_painter broken and colordistance in autolayer

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Mon Dec 27 17:15:50 CET 2004

Quoting Casper Boemann <cbr at boemann.dk>:
> I can make a function that gives an estimate, but it is most probably not
> what the user would expect. If I remember correctly photoshop limits the
> flood by the image borders, perhabs we should do that too ? That is probably
> also the most intuitive.

That seems to be the best choice indeed. But I think there's a minor issue
with this: what if the user has a layer with something painted on it, and
moves the painted area out of the bounds of the image. What should happen if
the user tries to fill the layer: I think I would expect the area moved out of
the image would be filled as well, but with this filling it would only fill
the area inside the image.

> The blank layer has size 0x0, but if it's current and you floodfill you
> would expect some sort of result. In my mind I would expect the image to be
> filled. Do you have other ideas/suggestions?

Filling the image seems a good choice here as well, yes.

Bart Coppens