Fill_painter broken and colordistance in autolayer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Dec 27 15:48:21 CET 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Hi
>
> From: "Boudewijn Rempt" <boud at valdyas.org>
> > Bart is the maintainer of floodfill; no doubt he'll be willing to find a
> formula
> > to make floodfill work with your code & his ideas -- he already mentioned
> some colour
> > space dependencies in the code.
>
> The colorspace talk was more directed at you as you are the one fiddeling
> with lcms , and perhabs you know how to implement such a function.

I'm not sure... I actually know next to nothing about graphics and things.
But I can give it a try.

> As an update to my previous mail luv is the prefered model for color
> distances as it is a perceptual model based on the full gamut model XYZ.
>
> in luv the colordistance = sqrt(l*l + u*u + v*v)
>
> Percpetually uniform means that two colors that are equally distant in the
> colorspace are equally distant perceptually
>
> So - in short - can lcms provide XYZ values or even better luv values

XYZ, yes -- no direct support for luv that I can find.

> if we have XYZ then we can compute luv ourselves
>
> see http://semmix.pl/color/models/emo111.htm
> and http://www.nacs.uci.edu/~wiedeman/cspace/me/infoluv.html
>
> best regards

I have had an interesting day trying to resurrect a dying harddisk for
my wife instead of the coding I intended to get done, but I'll probably settle
down with Krita tonight.