Iterators, selection and a few broken things for now

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Dec 25 16:26:11 CET 2004

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, Casper Boemann wrote:

> That depends on when the featurefreeze before 1.4  is invoked.

I'm going to ask about this on the KOffice list.

> I expect that my branch would be ready for merging by newyear, but actual
> merging would offcourse also take some effort.

Not to mention testing, etc.

> My next commit would come later today, From then on it would be nice if you
> would comment or work on my iterators, so that the rest of krita wont rely
> on an interface that we would change later.

Yes -- I've meant to read the code, but was rather busy with cms and with other
stuff. I'm actually pretty surprised I've got a minute to write an answer today :-).
Anyway, I like what I see in the core/tiles directory. The autolayer stuff is a
bit beyond me.

> With my next commit, display will also be back online in the branch although
> any modifying of the data would still be disabled. That would have to wait
> for the next couple of commits to come back online as well.

Okay..

> Also, Boudewijn said that the current iterators should be adapters for the
> new iterators.
> I hadn't though it like that, but there is some nice encapsulation in that.
> (that is, the new iterators know nothing of KisPixel etc). That is only
> added with the current iterators. I'm not entirely convinced that it is the
> right thing to have two layers of iterators, but it is certainly worth
> contemplating.

I think we need to give it a try. There's something intuitively satisfying in
having one system that stores data and another that interprets it. You don't want
things like profiles to trickle down to the tile level. But without profiles and
channel information no filter can do anything useful.

Boudewijn