koffice/krita/tools

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Wed Aug 25 14:34:43 CEST 2004

Quoting Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>:
> I've been thinking about that. Perhaps I could make KisPainter::dirtyRect
> into
> a signal that could slot into the selections, so whenever something is
> painted on a selection, the selection knows which area is dirty. Adding up
> all the dirty rects into a new rect that represents the area the selection
> covers and add a getSelectionExtent to KisSelection would then make
> gradients and fills and so on a lot easier.

Yes, that should certainly speed up things a bit. But what about extending an
iterator for selections? This iterator could skip the parts that aren't
selected, thus avoiding even more unnecessary recalculations in the drawing
functions. The only thing that then should be taken care of is a getX() and
getY() function for the iterator.

> Would it be possible for you to move the fill code to a KisFillPainter
> analogous to KisGradientPainter (together with the fill code from KisPainter
> itself, perhaps)?

I've been thinking about that myself for a while, and I'll have a look at it
when I find some time.

Bart Coppens