nativeColor and endianness

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Oct 25 00:21:10 CEST 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 23:13, Patrick Julien wrote:
> Consider placing both you CMYK and RGB class inside the cpp file.  same
> thing for the inline operator.

Good point; will do that now.

> Ok, I will get back to you on how the mapping from CMYK to RGB should be
> done, but unless you're using color profiles, it won't matter.

Well, in the end it would be easiest to just use littlecms, and pass the
entire tile to that lib. It's optimized for that way of using it, and it
promises fast service, and seems pretty easy to use. No real need to roll our
own, except for learning purposes.

> In any case, I need to figure out on how to do the mapping for
> pre-multiplied alphas.

Now that's the interesting bit. littlecms doesn't handle that, and I'm not
sure what would be a memory-efficient way of handling it. On the other hand,
I don't care much about optimizations at the moment. The current design of
Krita seems nice enough that it puts a lot of those things in discrete parts
that can easily be refactored when needed.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html