krita tools

Patrick Julien freak at codepimps.org
Fri Oct 3 08:58:56 CEST 2003

Forwarding to the list since others may find useful all the details I've given
you.

On October 3, 2003 01:18 am, you wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2003 01:51, you wrote:
> > not sure about that, I was throwing out the dialogs too.
>
> And renamed KisTool to KisToolInterface, I noticed when trying to get at
> least the rectangle tool to work. (That one seemed the simplest to start
> with).

Well, you still have no line primitives in KisPainter.

> > > image needs to be completely redone, using KisPainter, which isn't done
> > > yet?
> >
> > KisPainter is there, but various methods are missing.  The reason they
> > are not implemented is that some various infrastructure is still missing.
> >  I wanted to put a strategy in there for the color model and then keep a
> > flyweight of each color model strategy.  This way, we can keep all color
> > models pre- multiplied, but still isolated from one another.
>
> Hm. This is getting deeper and deeper -- since you don't have time to
> implement your plan, is there a way to hack up some temporary scaffolding
> that would at least allow others to start with a more-or-less working set?

Yes, you can use what is there, until the strategies are in, KisPainter
assumes an RGB color model.

> > Well, you should get to work then :)
>
> Spent most of last night trying to make sense of what I found, but it's a
> lot of code, and nowhere I can be sure that a part is finished and works...

Well, I can easily answer that question, nothing is finished.  I was still
working on the core.  I had mostly undo/redo done, and was working on the
rendering engine.  Porting to microtile was done, however, the rendering
system was still not complete.