Konqueror and the removal of dolphinpart.desktop

Stefano Crocco stefano.crocco at alice.it
Sun May 22 18:16:34 BST 2022

Hello to everyone,
A user recently reported (bug 453708) for the git version of Konqueror saying
that on his system Konqueror doesn't use Dolphin part to open directories
anymore. After a bit of investigation, he pointed me to Dolphin commit
1618a3ed21761648b20a14d7477aa065a2239fa7, which removed dolphinpart.desktop,
causing not only Konqueror but also the File Associations KCM not to find
Dolphin part anymore. Do you know if this can indeed be the cause of the
behavior the user experienced? Unfortunately, right now I can't build a full
KDE system from git to check.

If the removal of dolphinpart.desktop is indeed the cause of the user's issue,
will I need to change something in how Konqueror finds and loads parts or is
this a temporary problem which will be fixed as other parts of KDE are updated?

Thanks in advance

Stefano