D20532: Proof of Concept: Add double click actions to empty space in the folder view

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 5 10:10:06 GMT 2022

meven added a comment.

  In D20532#679475 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20532#679475>, @knecker wrote:

  > Aah, a pity that is has been abandoned. For Windows, there is an explorer addon called QTTabbar which has exactly this function (going up on double-click) and I never thought, that such a small thing could increase my workflow that drastically. It would have been very nice to see this in Dolphin. Anyhow, thanks for the effort.

  Latest comment in latest related work https://invent.kde.org/system/dolphin/-/merge_requests/40

  From  Elvis (dolphin maintainer):

  > The original patch had problems too, but if someone wants to improve it feel free to work on it.

  In the context it would be this diff here.

  So it just depend on contribution.

  There are been demand for this feature enough that Elvis, Nate or me would accept a patch as long as it is configurable.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin