Old Flash? Go upgrade! - New problem with konqueror

Konrad Rzepecki hannibal at astral.lodz.pl
Thu Apr 15 16:19:26 BST 2010

   Hi

Some days ago appear new problem with youtube. Each time konqueror try to play
movie, message "Old Flash? Go upgrade!" is showed, and movie play is stopped.

Of course I have newest flash player plugin (basic dig into yt code shows that
8.0 is enough tough). I have tested it on 3 computers with 2 different konq
versions (4.4.2 and 4.3.5). Deeply analyzing of yt code is a horror, but
hopefully someone did this before.

Take a look here:
https://rentzsch.lighthouseapp.com/projects/24342/tickets/517

It seems that yt fetch flash version by directly calling plugins public
functions, which should be should be available trough js in DOM object of
<object>.

Testcase form this page (
https://rentzsch.lighthouseapp.com/projects/24342/tickets/517/a/421263/yt-
flash-version.html ) shows that konqueror didn't support this feature or it is
buggy.

Better this features are visible i.e. here (flash movie, javascript
controller): http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/flashjscommand/

I should fill bug report in bugzilla, but I have no idea what part of KDE is a
problem, khtml, kjs, nspluginviewer or all of them.

I can investigate this little more, or even write some code, but I have no
idea where I should start search appropriate code connected with this
(nspluginviewr implementation of functions connected with this (NPN_Invoke ?);
kjs and khtml object <object> extra methods an properties)

--
  Konrad Rzepecki (Hannibal)