queue for copying and moving files

Thorsten Gensler Thorsten.Gensler at web.de
Sat Oct 18 14:04:13 BST 2008

Thiago Macieira worte:
> I think it is difficult.
>
> And I also don't think the user should have to care about this. If the
> operation takes too long, he'll wait for one to complete before starting
> the other copy the next time he tries.
>
> Whatever we decide, let's not ask the user to choose.

I think about copying many huge files from different directorys to one
mountpoint and for that scenario I have to wait very long at my computer to
initiate the next copy operation.

The default behavior could be what it's at the moment, but why isn't it
possible to be able to choose?

The copy/move queue could also be only another option in the context-menu or
shortcut if it would blow the context-menu up to much. If it is to difficult
to check for different mountpoints or something. But the possibility for a
queue for that operations would be very nice.

Sorry if I write confusing things, my english is not that good :)