Please comment: ComboBoxWidget change

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sun Oct 5 03:17:13 BST 2008

Hi Harri !

First of all, thanks for your time and investigations. The reason of this
setParent() calls is to make the dropdown list be correctly positioned when
you click on the combobox and it is into an iframe. We need to reparent it, so
we are talking correctly about its coordinates.

I actually think your patch looks good, but I wonder if an update() wouldn't
work.

I also have to look at the problem of the combobox making the rest of the form
not being hovered after having clicked on it. Better explained: click on the
combobox so the dropdown list is shown, try to hover a button: it won't. Now
click on any place of the page, and now hover the button: it does...

There is also a small issue because of the "setParent" thing. Try to click on
a combobox so the dropdown list is shown, while the dropdown list is shown,
drag the Konqueror window and move it: the dropdown list is not hidden, and it
keeps shown at the same position while you move Konqueror window.

To sum up: this is pretty hackish, and we need to improve some things here =)

Thanks !

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.