Regression on page

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Fri Oct 3 07:36:15 BST 2008

Dear all,

since a few month now, I'm trying out KDE 4.1.1. on Kubuntu hardy.
There are still many many bugs and it is much less usable than 3.5.9.
My hope was to get all the advances in konqueror. But to my surprise,
konqueror does NOT work as good in 4.1.1 and has really many
regressions and crashes.

Take
http://ipyorkshire.blogspot.com/2008/10/glossary-of-intellectual-property-terms.html
in 3.5.9 it works like charm
in 4.1.1 I get a blank canvas

Also the W3C slidemaker does not work in konqueror 4.1.1 but they
don't work in 3.5.9 either. So I will ask back and see if the
javascript stuff in there is responsible. Try
http://www.w3.org/2008/Talks/0908-Matt-Geo-Widgets/

I use the full power of konqueror, but in kubuntu, I get the feeling
that I can't access features (like nepomuk) that are integrated with
dolphin. But this may be due to the typical kubuntu strip-down of
menus that I hate so much. I will have to change the kubuntu profile
to the default profile. I made that for 3.5, but it was a major
operation (One has to remember which files to change)

Best,

Rigo