konquerer and PDFs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Nov 26 00:41:08 GMT 2008

Hello,
sorry for the delayed answer, time flies.

On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Jürgen Peter Messerer wrote:
> Same for kdebug.dbg which was generated by kdebugdialog --fullmode. There I
> have selected the debug message 7018 (KMimeMagic).

kio (KMimeMagic): KMimeMagic::findFileType /home/Confidential/Documents/big.odt_0.pdf

open("/home/Confidential/Documents/big.odt_0.pdf", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 11

I'm a bit confused because the debug line doesn't appear in the strace.log for konqueror,
but the open call does. Is this because you added the debug output after running strace?

Assuming this is the case: the last step to find out why this is happening is to use
gdb to get a backtrace. More precisely:

gdb --args konqueror /home/Confidential/Documents
break main
run
break 'KMimeMagic::findFileType'
cont
bt

You should see a backtrace that has KMimeMagic::findFileType at the top. Please email
me that backtrace ;)