data urls and FileCopyJob

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Sep 15 10:32:28 BST 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 10:04, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2003 23:27, David Faure wrote:
> > This is a bug in kio_file, it tries to close(fd) even when fd==-1 due to
> > no data received. Please find the fix below (Waldo - ok?)
>
> Strictly speaking kio_file should then create an empty file, no? I mean if I
> copy a directory from one place to another I don't want to lose empty files
> without warning.

Right. Ah, I see..... I got an empty file in this case, because KTempFile created it.
But you're right, we want an empty file even when not using KTempFile.

Why does kio_file's put() create the file on demand then? (It only opens the
dest when receiving the first chunk of data, I don't see why it does that).

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer