KHTML: Namespace handling

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jun 25 10:17:21 BST 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 04:39, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Nope, thats wrong. While there was certainly a few bugs in the
> implementation, searching by ID is enough. the non-NS variants of the
> methods were masking out the namespace part, so that they would match ids
> with same local name but different namespaces. Thats what the IdMask code
> was for btw.

So you make sure that foo:localname and bar:localname will get
assigned the same ID (in the non-NS part of the ID field)?

Is it correct to say that the tagnames without namespace (like those passed
to getElementsByTagName()) are equivalent to tags with an empty prefix?
And/or to tags with an empty namespaceURI? Does that also mean they
have 0 in the NS part of the ID field (the upper 16 bits)?

> [...]

OK, so the next step is to make 3.1-branch pass the regression test (thanks
for that test, Peter). Hopefully my getElementsByTagNameNS() fix is a step in
that direction :)