KIO::SlaveConfig usage

clyne at liduentertainment.com clyne at liduentertainment.com
Thu Sep 19 09:01:37 BST 2002

Hello Waldo,

WB> On Wednesday 18 September 2002 02:59 am, clyne at liduentertainment.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to use SlaveConfig class to send the user agent for http
>> protocol at hotmail website, Waldo Bastian had explain me this way to
>> login using a simple web browser writed in KHTML class. I never used
>> KIO class before, and i don't know who to use this SlaveConfig class.
>> Can anyone give me the way to use it? Excuse me english...
>>
>> I tried to connect the signal:
>>
>> KIO::SlaveConfig::self(), SIGNAL(configNeeded(...)) and i recive that
>> no such signal.

WB> Try:
WB>         connect(KIO::SlaveConfig::self(),
WB>                 SIGNAL(configNeeded(const QString &, const QString &)),
WB>                 this,
WB>                 SLOT(yourSlot(const QString &, const QString &)));

WB> You must also define yourSlot in your class of course.

WB> Cheers,
WB> Waldo

Waldo, i tried it and it compiles good and executes good. My problem
wss that i connect this:

         connect(KIO::SlaveConfig::self(),
                 SIGNAL(configNeeded(const QString &protocol, const
                 QString &host)),
                 this,
                 SLOT(yourSlot(const QString &protocol, const QString
                 &host)));

Thanks a lot Waldo !!!

My first problem was that I couldn't acces hotmail web service or
anyother webmail service using KMHTMLPart and with this solution I
couldn't acces yet to its services. When i use konqueror i recive 5 o
6 cookies when i login to hotmail. Using my simple browser with KHTML
i recive only one and can not login. If i disconect useragent in
konqueror it works too. Maybe problem of cookie and KHTMLPart?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 clyne                            mailto:clyne at liduentertainment.com