Request generation

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Nov 20 08:42:59 GMT 2002

On November 20, 2002 03:35, Michael Bell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to generate certificate requests (CSRs) with the
> konqueror? Actually we (OpenCA) support konqueror via serverside
> generation of private keys and requests.

   Almost.  The code is almost done but there are some key components missing
and until they are complete, the whole thing will remain disabled.

> There are several reasons why users prefer to generate requests and
> especially the private keys on the client. Does konqueror support a
> mechanism like Mozilla or IE to generate the requests? I only find some
> docs about the import of certificates and private keys.

  We can generate them, but I stopped because there was no code or standard
KDE mechanism for encrypted storage of the user's keys.  We've been working
on such a system for a while now and there is a renewed effort to complete it
for 3.2.  Hopefully it will be usable then.

--

George Staikos