[Kexi] Kexi on Ubuntu 10.10

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Sat Sep 10 12:52:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

Last time  I wrote we weren't there, now we are and I have
upgraded from Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10 and have Kexi 2.2.2 running.

(See thread started by Swarup 24 March 2011) "How to add a column to
table in Kexi 1.1.3?).

My databases were created using Kexi 1. Would I be right in suspecting
that there are incompatibilities with these and Kexi 2 and that I
will have to create a new database using Kexi 2 ?

We can connect and view data in the main database table and queries but
the original data entry form is no-go. In Data view we get a page
layout of 'KexiDBAutoField's but no data. In Design view I see no
fields in the Property Editor and thus no way of assigning fields to
the display, or even of creating a new form.

The following is given in the Property Editor.
"No datasource can be assigned for this widget"
so it looks like it does not read from the existing.

Whether I look at my main postgresql database or one created in SqLite
the situation is the same.

thanks if you can point me in the right direction.

Anne