[Kexi] No urgency to enable kexi to create composite primary keys -Must be another way then?

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Sep 2 19:54:44 CEST 2010

On 2 September 2010 18:09, msjs08 <msjs08 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
> There seems not to be urgency to enable kexi to create composite primary keys.
> Then there must be another way to do the following three tables?
> I thought you could only do it via a composite primary key.
>
> Many plants can have the same common name and many plants can have many common names.
> (I created the original layout for OOOBase)

Max,
I understand your need. Using composite keys for many-to-many
relationships can add extra safety but in absence of the feature
things can still work.

However even without I wonder how to present. There are no subforms
that would present you common names for selected plant. Similarly
there is no way to add a button displaying, say, form with common
names for selected plant. Not yet.

I see this addition very important anyway.
There are plans to design many-tom-many relationships directly in
kexi, i.e. without even thinking about PlantComName.

It's good idea to report a wish for the feature at
https://bugs.kde.org and vote for it (there's "Vote" link for each
wish).
The list of current wishes for Kexi is: http://bit.ly/9xInzW

Thanks for your contributions!