[Kexi] Using kexi from the subversion repository

Karsten Schwager broock54 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 30 15:12:10 CET 2005

Hallo Jarosław,

> that while running 'configure' you should provide valid prefix,
> specific for your Linux distribution (updated now).
>
> So instead of
>   ./configure --enable-debug=full
>
> type:
>
>   ./configure --enable-debug=full --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With these I get no trouble. kexi is starting and I can create and open
database files :-)

I really like the progress of the program. The Text-Editor box is very
usefull for me. Are there plans to implement text formating like bold
or different font sizes maybe using the OpenDocument Text format?

Did I something wrong with the image box or is it still not full
implemented? Because conecting it with a byte field, the pulldown menu
in the data view is still not activated (The options like 'Insert from
File' are all grey)!

I got a crash when I create a primary key for a new table the following
way:

1) Name a field (as Index) with data type  'Integer Number.
2) In the properties area I mark it as Primary Key=yes.

Nr. 2) works in the same way if I use Auto Number=yes and I accept the
offer to create a primary key.

The crash occures every time when I click at an existing kexi project
file and opened with kext. But when I start kexi and and then let kexi
open a existing file with the openin menu - all worked well and the
error doesn't turn up.

I kept the debugger messages the KDE-Crashmanager offered me. I should I
send it to you in a private mail?

And now I will play a liitle bit with the programs. A last question,
updating my subversion repostitory, which intervall would be practical?

regards

Karsten

--
It looked like the sort of book described in library catalogues as
"slightly foxed", although it would be more honest to admit that it