OSX/CI: kdev-clang fails to configure on branch master

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Sep 10 10:41:46 BST 2014

On Wednesday 10 September 2014 07:42:27 Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi Milian,

Hey Marko,

please see below.

> On 09 Sep 2014, at 12:07 , Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > Why do you not have a llvm-config available? That is required to find the
> > headers and libraries of clang-c.
>
> well, I do have Apple’s Xcode installed [1] and all KF5 frameworks and many
> apps build just fine.
>
> > The binaries you list above are not being used by KDevelop.
>
> Interesting…
> Perhaps KDevelop should figure out how to use them with llvm-config
> available on OSX? All projects get build using clang here!

You are confusing two things here. KDev-Clang has nothing to do with compiling
stuff. KDev-Clang is using the clang *libraries* to do static code analysis.
These are two things. The clang compiler also uses these libraries internal to
compile code.

> > Maybe you need to install some kind of development package
> > for Mac, or some SDK which ships llvm-config and the headers and
> > libraries.
>
> See above.
>
> I’ll ask on MacPorts’ dev list and come back to you.

What you need is an LLVM SDK, not an OS X SDK. The former gives your
LLVM/Clang libraries, the latter gives your OS X libraries etc. pp. and a
compiler - clang.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff