Kdevelop parser just... stopped doing anything

WyntrHeart WyntrHeart at proton.me
Tue Apr 4 22:00:26 BST 2023

I'm fairly new to programming in general, and very new to Kdevelop. Yesterday I installed Kdevelop and started working on a simple C++ program and everything was working wonderfully. Today, I booted up my PC and opened Kdevelop to continue working on my code and the parser (I think? I'm not really familiar with how the IDE works) just would not do anything. No completion, no variable highlighting, no error messages. Nothing. I didn't change any settings before the problem occurred, I just closed Kdevelop (which was working at the time), shut down my PC, and then rebooted it the next morning and re-opened the program (which was then no longer working). My OS is Lubuntu 22.10, Kdevelop version is "5.9.220801 (22.08.1)", I'm using GCC version "Ubuntu 12.2.0-3ubuntu1", and Cmake version is 3.24.2.

I've only been able to find two suggestions online for fixing this problem. The first was to set the C++ version to C++14 in the parser settings for the project. I tried every available standard, none fixed the problem. The other possible solution I found was to switch from the Cmake Project Manager plugin to the Generic Project Manager, but I looked through every menu I could find in Kdevelop and could not find any option to switch the project manager. I tried simply disabling the Cmake project Manager while leaving the Generic Project Manager plugin enabled, but this just gave me an error message saying that the Cmake Project Manager couldn't load my project. Some other things I tried on my own were to reinstall everything (build-essential, kdevelop, cmake, gcc specifically), and to install and use clang instead of gcc, and of course just rebooting my system again. These didn't help.

I know there's probably some sort of log or config file that would be useful to include here, but I don't know what, so please let me know if I need to send anything like that. Also, I am not subscribed to the mailing list, so please CC me in replies to this message. Thank you