D8211: KDevelop/Documentation : support using QTextBrowser (WIP/PoC)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 9 19:42:37 UTC 2017

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 20536.
rjvbb added a comment.

  This revision implements my idea of using an optional callback that allows StandardDocumentationView (rather, its actual rendering instance) to call back into the documentation plugin to obtain content for URLs it would otherwise not know how to handle.

  I've implemented such a callback for the QtHelp plugin.

  I wasn't really expecting it, but this allows the documentation toolview not only to load images, it also to render documentation using the intended CSS. The aforementioned RB ticket had a remark that QTextBrowser wouldn't work with docs generated via doxygen; I'm attaching screenshots (including of the ECM docs created with the Kapidox framework) that prove otherwise.

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8211?vs=20519&id=20536

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8211

AFFECTED FILES
  kdevplatform/documentation/CMakeLists.txt
  kdevplatform/documentation/standarddocumentationview.cpp
  kdevplatform/documentation/standarddocumentationview.h
  plugins/qthelp/CMakeLists.txt
  plugins/qthelp/qthelpdocumentation.cpp
  plugins/qthelp/qthelpdocumentation.h
  plugins/qthelp/tests/CMakeLists.txt