D6966: Turn SourceFormatterController::formatFiles into a job

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 28 15:51:44 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6966#129780, @apol wrote:

  > Maybe it would make sense to use `ExecuteCompositeJob` and make every separate file a subjob.
  >
  > It would help to simplify the async code.

  Yes, there is more room for improvements here. So far `SourceFormatterJob::formatFile()` is simply the same logic as `SourceFormatterController::formatFiles()`, with the loop turned into kjob work slices.

  Have to admit I am only starting to learn about KJob-style API, so would be happy if the patch could already be applied as it is right, unless there are regressions introduced.
  There is surely room for more improvements, but I do not have resources reserved right now to turn the whole logic into perfect code in one go :)

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D6966