[Differential] [Request, 171 lines] D2958: QtCreator-style "Focus Editor or Hide Docks"

antonanikin (Anton Anikin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 6 09:41:15 UTC 2016

antonanikin created this revision.
antonanikin added a reviewer: KDevelop.
antonanikin set the repository for this revision to rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kdevelop-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This patch provides QtCreator-like behavior for focusing editor and/or closing docks. Currently we have different shortcuts for such operations which provides flexibility but seems to be not very comfortable for permanent using. I tried to implement missing "QtCreator-style" functionality for KDevelop. Now we have one action (with default shortcut `ESC` like QtCreator) which allows us:

  1. Focus the editor if it is not focused now ("Focus" step)
  2. Close unlocked docks if the editor is already focused (or if the editor is closed) ("Hide step").

  The patch allows to control which docks should be closed by adding "Lock/Unlock" button to dock panel. If Dock is locked then we skip it during "Hide step". Lock settings are saved in global configuration file.

  F355122: focus_hide_esc.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F355122>

TEST PLAN
  Tested with `master` branch. Current patch also contains `IdealButtonBarWidget::isShown()` method from D2915 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D2915> which is pushed to `5.0` branch but not already merged into `master` branch.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D2958