An addendum about color schemes in KDevelop

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:56:32 UTC 2016

On Monday May 16 2016 11:12:36 Dominik Haumann wrote:

> Comments?

Made a few on the RR, but when I was asking myself under what circumstances I'd change from using one of my usual colour palettes I got into thinking about a night-time switch. The too evident approach would be a switch that just installs the inverse of all colours, but that's almost guaranteed not to work in most cases. I think most colour choices come in foreground/background pairs.
If so, wouldn't it be possible to compile a list of pairs that could be swapped to get a workable alternative in situations where your usual/preferred colour scheme "doesn't work" (light scheme in a dark room, dark scheme in bright sunlight with a reflective screen).
This is a bit uncharted territory for me, hence bringing it up in this discussion. I'm sure people must already have looked into this kind of thing (?)

R.