Qt5/Mac header finding in KDevelop5 (clang parser??)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jun 21 15:36:14 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:29:05 PM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday June 21 2016 16:26:27 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > > Is that supposed to work? It doesn't for me, at least not for the
> > > headers
> > > from the system frameworks.
> >
> > Again, confusing. Frameworks is a macOS thing, no? Please clarify what you
> > mean here.
>
> Yeah, it's kind of confusing that KDE now has frameworks too :) I'll try to
> call the OS X things framework bundles. Did you follow this thread from the
> beginning?

I tried to quickly grasp what's going on. Probably failed to do so.

> The issue I reported is that KDevelop doesn't find Qt's header
> files which live in OS X framework bundles. CMake does set the appropriate
> -isystem /opt/local/libexec/qt5/Library/Frameworks/Qt*.framework/Headers
> arguments which *should* be enough but which aren't. As a result the parser
> doesn't recognise any Qt type or class. I have myself set up symlinks to
> those "Headers" directories (/opt/local/include/qt5/QtFoo ->
> /opt/local/libexec/qt5/Library/Frameworks/QtFoo.framework/Headers). Adding
> /opt/local/include/qt5 as a custom search path solves the issue.

That much I understood. But so far I failed to find a dump of the include
paths that are passed from kdev-clang to libclang. The dumps you showed are
from your build (unrelated, but interesting), and from some error you saw on a
Linux machine, again unrelated.

Please, dump the include paths on macOS and report back whether it has the
correct path in -isystem, or not. If the path is there, it should work - at
least it does so on Linux. If it doesn't work on macOS, you'll need to debug
and find out why. strace/dtruss might help.

If the path is not there, then you know where to look (i.e. somewhere else,
likely cmakemanager, or the makefileresolver as mentioned by aleix).

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de