coala/KDevelop/Kate

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Feb 22 13:31:12 UTC 2016

On Monday, February 22, 2016 12:06:41 PM CET Lasse Schuirmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of coala (coala-analyzer.org) and we'd be
> interested in doing a Kate/KDevelop integration as a GSoC project.
> (See
> https://github.com/coala-analyzer/coala/wiki/Project-Ideas#coala-and-katekd
> evelop)
>
>  * Is there interest from your side in doing this?
>  * Would you be able to provide a co mentor?
>
> This would probably be developed as a plugin for Kate and KDevelop
> individually, the student will be required to at least write a basic
> test suite (including basic linux CI), code will be reviewed by the
> coala community strictly.
>
> Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Can you please elaborate a bit on coala? I for one am completely ignorant
about it so far. What would be the benefit for us from a coala integration?
I.e. what languages does coala support already, and to what degree? While your
website is shiny, I could not find any useful information on a quick glance.

Also, what exactly does coala provide? Just a unified language agnostic AST?
Or also the semantic analysis? What about language specific code completion?

Overall, how do you imagine coala being integrated into KDevelop?

> P.S.: We're not renaming the project to Koala. Nice try.

:)

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de